I'm losing weight and natural beauty, please suggest me some good food!!

Discussions about foods and supplements and how these relate to the health of the skin and to general health.
Lindzzz

I'm losing weight and natural beauty, please suggest me some good food!!

Post by Lindzzz » Wed Nov 28, 2018 4:22 am

Hey folks, I'm from Houston. I just wondered if anyone here has undergone any orthodontic treatment, and can suggest me food to consume during the treatment period! I'm going through a 6 month braces treatment to correct my upper front teeth alignment. It has been 3 weeks since I started the treatment, I found I'm becoming unhealthy due to the pain and less food consumption. In the very first week of treatment I was dying of pain, now I feel better and able to eat without pain. Honestly, with this 2 weeks of time, I got bored with this juice and soft foods!! Every doctor will have the same menu when it comes to their patients undergoing treatment. But I know smart guys will be knowing more(should have tried different). Guys, If anyone here has undergone through orthodontic treatment, please suggest me some good and safe food to consume while my treatment period.
Expecting variety options rather than this soft drinks! Also, give me tips for reducing pain and discomfort(except painkillers)
Have a nice day. Many thanks!

Tom Hagerty
Site Admin

Re: I'm losing weight and natural beauty, please suggest me some good food!!

Post by Tom Hagerty » Wed Nov 28, 2018 12:58 pm

I can give you a few ideas about what foods will keep you healthy while coping with braces for six months. But first I'd like to make some comments about good front teeth and teeth in general as they relate to the face. The women hosts on TV and the news presenters all have straight white teeth. They look attractive and of course they are personable and smart. Good front teeth are an important part of a person's image.

Katy Tur.png
Katy's smile
Katy Tur.png (67.33 KiB) Viewed 324 times

Healthy teeth and gums are also important as a person gets older. Lost teeth contribute to bone loss in the lower jaw. I wash my teeth after most meals and I use unwaxed dental floss to clean out the debris between the teeth. With braces it's hard to do this so you have to be careful of the things you eat - no raisins or dried fruit.

For healthy nutrition during your six month sentence I would consider some drinks you make in a blender. For example, I would cut up a banana, add some unsweetened cocoa power, maybe even a multivitamin pill, and a glass of milk - and blend the whole concoction for a minute or two. This tastey and healthful drink won't get stuck in your braces. Other creative drinks like this will keep you from losing weight and your natural beauty.

After Dr. Silberman gets your front teeth perfectly aligned, I wish you would tell us about his work. Are you happy with the result? Would you recommend this dentist to other people in the Houston area?

Lindzzz

Re: I'm losing weight and natural beauty, please suggest me some good food!!

Post by Lindzzz » Wed Nov 28, 2018 11:21 pm

Tom Hagerty wrote:
Wed Nov 28, 2018 12:58 pm
I can give you a few ideas about what foods will keep you healthy while coping with braces for six months. But first I'd like to make some comments about good front teeth and teeth in general as they relate to the face. The women hosts on TV and the news presenters all have straight white teeth. They look attractive and of course they are personable and smart. Good front teeth are an important part of a person's image.

Katy Tur.png

Healthy teeth and gums are also important as a person gets older. Lost teeth contribute to bone loss in the lower jaw. I wash my teeth after most meals and I use unwaxed dental floss to clean out the debris between the teeth. With braces it's hard to do this so you have to be careful of the things you eat - no raisins or dried fruit.

For healthy nutrition during your six month sentence I would consider some drinks you make in a blender. For example, I would cut up a banana, add some unsweetened cocoa power, maybe even a multivitamin pill, and a glass of milk - and blend the whole concoction for a minute or two. This tastey and healthful drink won't get stuck in your braces. Other creative drinks like this will keep you from losing weight and your natural beauty.

After Dr. Silberman gets your front teeth perfectly aligned, I wish you would tell us about his work. Are you happy with the result? Would you recommend this dentist to other people in the Houston area?
Wow!Tom..this is worth. I'm going to try this right from tomorrow! It is very challenging for me to grind, though I eat sandwiches, pastry etc. After knowing this, I'm afraid these high sugar I'm consuming gonna hurt me in future by unhealthy gum! I will be trying healthy food with low sugar content from now.
And about the treatment. I hope it is gonna work. It has been only a month since I started the treatment. I hope I can come up with positive feedback after 6 months.
Many thanks for your advice. More than these tips you sound kind and sweet!!