routine

Discussions on how to maintain or perhaps even regain healthy skin.
kaz

routine

Post by kaz »

Hello!

I'd like to hear what other people do in their routines, an exchange of ideas can be very interesting.

Here's what I do:

I've started drinking a lot of water. I have a tiny glass bottle and it sits near the computer, so I sip all day long and when I teach, I take it to work with me in my bag. I prefer glass because plastic gets grotty after a few days and this one is nice because it's very small and not heavy.

Eating a lot of fruit and veg seems to help.

I use a light cleanser that's not too drying and a good moisturizer. I'm using Laboine right now and I like it a lot. It's the first time my face hasn't felt tight during the winter.

I'm not a sunbather. I live in a place where people (especially women) worship the sun, and they go out and grill themselves from May until October, and then when they hit about 35 they start shelling out a lot of money to try to reverse the damage they've done in the past. It would have been a lot cheaper if they had invested in a hat when they were young, but I guess it's not the fashion here.

The best thing I've done for my skin, bizarrely is that I stopped eating sweets over a year ago. I was getting pimples, which is not fun at the best of times, but in your late 30's it's downright embarrassing! I decided to stop eating sweets and I was amazed at how my skin cleared up.

Of course, I do facial exercises, so that's helping, or at least I think it is. :)

Does anyone else have any thoughts?

be well!

k
Tom Hagerty
Site Admin

Re: routine

Post by Tom Hagerty »

I've started drinking a lot of water.
Water accounts for about two-thirds of a person's body weight. The average adult body contains between 40 and 50 quarts of water. So I guess that makes water the most abundant and most important nutrient in the body. But what kind of water is the best to drink? I wish I knew. I drink water that is purified by reverse osmosis at a large grocery store near me. I take four glass gallon bottles and fill them up - I don't trust plastic. But who knows what's in the machine that purifies the water. I don't even know how often it's cleaned.

Distilled water used to be thought of as the purest of water but this water is dead. It has no minerals in it and it probably leaches minerals from the body if it's used every day. It would be neat to live near a mountain spring where clean pure water comes out of the ground. Most of us, though, live near cities where carcinogens abound.

You used the word grotty. You must have lived in the UK. I never hear that word around Columbus, Ohio.
suzyL

Post by suzyL »

Hello! I would love to share my routine. I have recently started creating my own facial cleanser, I find it leaves my skin really soft, you might want to try it out. I put 3 strawberries in the blender with approx 1/8 cp heavy whipping cream, 1/8 lemon juice and the white of an egg. Blend it really good and then store in the frigde. This will go bad if left out on the counter. I use this to clean my face daily, then rinse with clear water, I then follow up with lemon juice, (did you know this is a great astringent?) then I rinse with water again and follow up with sun block in the morning and vit A oil at night. I take a multi vit every day.

There is lots of lit on the web concerning home made fruit facial peels, this little recipe is derived from such information. It seems that strawberries help to clean and clear pores,what I find is that my skin is so soft and glowing, I believe its a great compliment to the facial exercises. The measurements are approximate, so play with the recipe as you like.
willowcat

Post by willowcat »

Hello all
I wouldn't be without my zinc based sunscreen. I'm from Queensland Australia where the sun has a real bite to it . I also use a DIY vitamin C serum in the am and retin a at night. Rosehip oil is a good moisturiser for me .
Tom Hagerty
Site Admin

Post by Tom Hagerty »

Willowcat, I wish you would tell us what is in your DIY vitamin C serum and how you prepare it. Is it your own concoction or did you find it on the Internet? What kind of vitamin C do you put in it?
willowcat

Post by willowcat »

Hi Tom
It's only a very basic recipe. I dissolve 1/4 teaspoon L ascorbic acid in 5ml of distilled water. I then add 5ml of commercial aloe vera gel. I test this with a PH test strip to make sure it is under 4.5. This usually lasts two weeks. I throw the rest out after that . There are more sophisticated DIY serums out there, but this one does the job for me. :)