Forehead issues

Discussions on how to do facial exercises and what these exercises might accomplish.
Ella

Forehead issues

Post by Ella »

Having had a Botox disaster which has left me with a dent above one eyebrow (after the Botox has worn off) I am turning to facial exercises to help rectify this. My plan is to do Carolyn’s Facial Fitness and having contacted her she has been kind, friendly and helpful and says she thinks her program will help. I am poised to start her exercises but am slightly concerned as the before and after pics on her site don’t show a great deal about forehead improvement although there are some positive comments. Having read this forum I know that some people are devotees of CFF and wondered if anyone could reassure me on this point. I realise facial exercises are not a quick fix so don’t want to put a lot of time into something that may not be the best solution to my problem.
Nonie

Re: Forehead issues

Post by Nonie »

Ella wrote: Tue Aug 14, 2018 7:36 am Having had a Botox disaster which has left me with a dent above one eyebrow (after the Botox has worn off) I am turning to facial exercises to help rectify this. My plan is to do Carolyn’s Facial Fitness and having contacted her she has been kind, friendly and helpful and says she thinks her program will help. I am poised to start her exercises but am slightly concerned as the before and after pics on her site don’t show a great deal about forehead improvement although there are some positive comments. Having read this forum I know that some people are devotees of CFF and wondered if anyone could reassure me on this point. I realise facial exercises are not a quick fix so don’t want to put a lot of time into something that may not be the best solution to my problem.
I am one of the fans of CFF and trust Carolyn completely so while I have no experience with Botox, I have witnessed her solve my problems even though she herself had never walked in my shoes. It makes no sense that she would have been so sure she could help me when she probably had never encountered an exact case as mine, yet she did.

So while I have no experience wih Botox or any forehead issues, thanks to starting face exercises in my 20's and thus apparently preventing those issues from even starting, I dare say you can take Carolyn at her word and follow her advice. Do stay in touch with her, sending photos every few weeks or every couple of months so she can assess if you are on the right track or if the program needs tweaking.

Since you are here, it would not hurt to do Tom's program as well. Tom's forehead is a great testament to how well his program works. I do both.
Ella

Post by Ella »

Hi Nonie,

Thanks so much for this, it’s very kind of you to respond. Having read about your progress on Carolyn’s site you clearly speak from experience and I feel much more reassured about starting CFF now. Regarding Toms exercises, they look fantastic too (and so does Tom!) so I am happy to do those as well if you think it would be of benefit. However, would you suggest starting both together or waiting to incorporate Tom’s until I am used to CFF (which was my outline plan!). Also, whilst I have seen the exercises Tom kindly shares on his website I think I would need a bit more guidance in terms of videos etc. Do I get these via the DVD or on YouTube? Finally in terms of how to fit both in, would you suggest CFF and Toms on alternate days or both on the same day and should I have any rest days?

Sorry for all of the questions, but it is great for me to get advice from an experienced facial exerciser!
Nonie

Post by Nonie »

Ella wrote: Wed Aug 15, 2018 2:05 pm Hi Nonie,

Thanks so much for this, it’s very kind of you to respond. Having read about your progress on Carolyn’s site you clearly speak from experience and I feel much more reassured about starting CFF now. Regarding Toms exercises, they look fantastic too (and so does Tom!) so I am happy to do those as well if you think it would be of benefit. However, would you suggest starting both together or waiting to incorporate Tom’s until I am used to CFF (which was my outline plan!). Also, whilst I have seen the exercises Tom kindly shares on his website I think I would need a bit more guidance in terms of videos etc. Do I get these via the DVD or on YouTube? Finally in terms of how to fit both in, would you suggest CFF and Toms on alternate days or both on the same day and should I have any rest days?

Sorry for all of the questions, but it is great for me to get advice from an experienced facial exerciser!
Hi Ella:

Because you are solving a problem under Carolyn's direction, I would follow her direction and advice to a T. When I was fixing my messed up face from another program using CFF, I did CFF alone because I wanted to be sure that any changes I got were due to the program and that Carolyn would be able to guide me and fix any mishaps since she designed the program. So if I were you, I would do CFF alone until I was pleased with my results then you can add Tom's program. You can order Tom's program via the link provided on the home page under the heading Video Presentation.

As far as how to fit both programs in, you may ask Carolyn, but the way I do it is because CFF has a schedule that involves breaks, I mainly do CFF, and then on days when I don't have time to devote to CFF, I do Tom's so that I am not exercising on more days than I need to. When it comes to questions of schedules and rest days, Carolyn would be the person to ask. Schedules vary depending on age and needs so rather than ask these questions on a forum of strangers, where you are likely to get guesswork, go to the author of the program in question and get the correct answers from the horse's mouth. Of course, when you start Tom's program, this forum will be the right place to ask questions as the author of this program posts here.
Ella

Post by Ella »

That all sounds like very sound advice - thanks so much Nonie.

I will be back once I am ready to begin Tom’s exercises!
Tom Hagerty
Site Admin

Post by Tom Hagerty »

Ella, After having a problem with Botox you now have a dent above one eyebrow. If you are able to do the scalp exercise that I recommend, the dent might actually disappear. But doing the scalp exercise correctly is not easy because you have to gain control of that difficult occipitalis muscle at the back of the head. I think Nonie does it correctly but I'd have to see a video of her doing the exercise before I give her a gold star.

occipitalis muscle 4.jpg
occipitalis muscle 4.jpg (11.1 KiB) Viewed 5326 times

Those two purple markings on the "occips" at the back of the head look harmless, but wait till you try to gain control of them. It's a major task. If you do gain control of them and hence do the scalp exercise right, your whole upper face will benefit. Your forehead will become smooth again.

I've looked at Carolyns program. It's excellent. And a big plus is that she is approachable. You can actually get solid advice based on years of experience from her. Presenting and and doing facial exercise is not just a business for her; it's her passion. She believes in what she teaches - and what she teaches produces results.