Clown Face question - Exericse Six

Discussions on how to do facial exercises and what these exercises might accomplish.
Linda

Clown Face question - Exericse Six

Post by Linda »

Hi Tom,

On Exercise Six (clown face) you said to keep your head up and don't bend it down or over. But in your video it looks like you keep you head up for a rep or two, then lower your head a bit for a rep or two, then move it back for another rep or two.

Is this correct? Should we be moving our head up and down slightly while doing this exercise?

Also, about the mouth movement - it looks like your mouth is making an "AHHHH" then "OHHHH" movement. Like a smile then a large O shape with the mouth...................... Is that right?

Thanks again,
Linda

Tom Hagerty
Site Admin

Re: Clown Face question - Exericse Six

Post by Tom Hagerty »

I moved my head and face around in the video, trying to show what the exercise looked like from various angles. But you don't have to do this. Keeping the face in one position is fine as long as it's not in a sagging position. Good facial posture is important in doing the exercises as it is in doing your daily activities. But don't get carried away like Gloria Swanson in Sunset Boulevard - "Mr. DeMille, I'm ready for my close-up."

"Like a smile then a large O shape with the mouth...................... Is that right?"

That's right. But after a while you'll start to do all the exercises correctly. It's really easier to do the exercises correctly than it is to do them in a sloppy manner. Just keep your head high and everything will take care of itself.

Good form
Good form
Enough is enough.jpg (9.39 KiB) Viewed 2149 times

Linda

Re: Clown Face question - Exericse Six

Post by Linda »

Thanks Tom! :-)