Kybella, does it work

Discussions on how to do facial exercises and what these exercises might accomplish.
Horsegirl

Kybella, does it work

Post by Horsegirl »

I've seen many advertisements for this chemical that is injected into the double chin. In the before and after photos in the advertisements the results look amazing. The fat under the chin has almost disappeared. Are there any side effects with this treatment? How much does it cost?

Would facial exercise get rid of the double chin? What exercise would be best? Is that fat that accumulates under the chin a genetic thing?
Nonie

Re: Kybella, does it work

Post by Nonie »

Horsegirl wrote: Fri Jan 26, 2018 11:15 am I've seen many advertisements for this chemical that is injected into the double chin. In the before and after photos in the advertisements the results look amazing. The fat under the chin has almost disappeared. Are there any side effects with this treatment? How much does it cost?
A good place to get reviews and information about cosmetic procedures and their cost is the RealSelf website. The Kybella reviews are mixed. Most of the ones I read are of newly done procedures so not enough time to give an accurate review, but there were thousands of pages on them so you may get more info by reading more: Kybella Reviews on RealSelf
Horsegirl wrote: Fri Jan 26, 2018 11:15 amWould facial exercise get rid of the double chin?
I believe it can. I do believe losing weight is an important part of the process if you are overweight. Face exercises are not an aerobic exercise so you won't burn fat so you need to do full body cardio and eat right to get rid of excess fat if that is an issue then face exercises can help to tone things up.

Peta of Face Aerobics had a double chin before she started face exercises and she doesn't anymore

Cynthia Rowland's Facial Magic results show before/after photos with double chins eliminated.
Horsegirl wrote: Fri Jan 26, 2018 11:15 amWhat exercise would be best?
I do not believe you can eliminate it with just one exercise. Face exercises don't work like that. If you go to Youtube, you will see an exercise that is claimed to fix XYZ...and the person sharing is not lying. The problem is, if you try to do just that exercise, you will not get the results they seem to get from it. Why? Because that is not the only exercise they do. Facial muscles are interconnected and they all depend on each other for lift. The people who share these exercises usually have been doing many face exercises that laid down the foundation by toning all related muscles. They might struggle with a problem area and then they add an exercise, and voilà! Everything falls into place. To them, it was that single exercise that made a difference. But the truth is, it is all the exercises they have done up to that point that together added up to the results they got.

That is why spot training does not work with face exercises. Most people who have good results are usually doing a complete program that addresses all facial muscles. You have to make them a part of your lifestyle like brushing teeth or wearing makeup and you have to be patient as muscles that have never been worked take a while to respond, so you won't see results overnight.
Horsegirl wrote: Fri Jan 26, 2018 11:15 amIs that fat that accumulates under the chin a genetic thing?
I will leave this for Tom to answer because he is more scientifically inclined, but my belief is genes don't have to control how we turn out. I believe lifestyle, exercise and posture can all help to keep your jawline looking clean and sag-free.
Tom Hagerty
Site Admin

Re: Kybella, does it work

Post by Tom Hagerty »

The following is from a medical newsletter:

"Up to 50 injections are given under a local anesthetic per session, and may take four to six sessions, each separated by at least a month, to get results - with benefits lasting up to four years... It is not covered by insurance and the treatment cost is several thousand dollars. And because it's new, doctors may not be very experienced in giving the injections, though they must complete a training program."

If anyone is thinking of getting this treatment, please read at least some of the testimonials on Kybella Reviews on RealSelf that Nonie has given a link to. I've read about two dozen of them. It's an education.

I'd like to believe that facial exercise could remove some of that submental fat (fat under the chin). I've not seen this though. But facial exercise is a good preventive measure. It can prevent the double chin from appearing. The exercise that I advocate for the muscles at the front of the neck is an excellent preventive measure if many repetitions are done each day and if one does not gain weight or goes up and down in weight.

Trim neck and jaw
Trim neck and jaw
Man with good jawline.jpg (5.53 KiB) Viewed 5958 times
No fat under the chin
No fat under the chin
Woman with good jawline.jpg (10.61 KiB) Viewed 5958 times

A defined jawline makes a person look young and energetic; a lot of fat under the chin makes a person look overfed and tired out.