Video regarding Tongue Posture and ex 4

Discussions on how to do facial exercises and what these exercises might accomplish.
Fred

Video regarding Tongue Posture and ex 4

Post by Fred » Thu Feb 07, 2019 8:35 am

Hello everyone and Tom,

I saw this interesting short youtube video describing how the shape of your face gets altered based on tongue posture.

Have a look here:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zbzT00Cyq-g

This reminded me of exercise 4.

I noticed since I began doing this exercise (4) that I seem to rest my tongue upwards in the way they describe here.

Interesting.

What do you think about this Tom?

Cheers,

F

Tom Hagerty
Site Admin

Re: Video regarding Tongue Posture and ex 4

Post by Tom Hagerty » Fri Feb 08, 2019 8:50 am

I wonder if proper tongue placement can change the dental arch when a person is an adult. I know that it is beneficial for pre-teens to place the tongue properly. It helps in aligning the teeth. Type "Dr. Mike Mew" into the search bar and look at the photographic evidence.

Bad teeth or missing teeth contribute to loss of facial bone; strong teeth keep facial bone from demineralizing. I think that the correct use of dental floss is a good way to keep the teeth clean and cavity-free. I use floss after most meals.

Good Teeth 1.jpg
Nice teeth
Good Teeth 1.jpg (5.52 KiB) Viewed 181 times

Fred

Post by Fred » Thu Feb 21, 2019 6:42 am

Tom,

I was wondering the same thing. I went through some of Dr. Mews rather long videos. It's extremely simple, but somehow this is a subject where great misunderstandings are made.

Like the Scalp Excercise - it's simple, not easy.

I have always had great teeth but self-experimentation is a vice so I will give it a try for 3-6 months.

Regards,

F

Tom Hagerty
Site Admin

Post by Tom Hagerty » Fri Feb 22, 2019 8:51 am

Tongue positioning and nose breathing of Dr. Mew just like good vision without glasses with the Bates method are simple but not easy. I watched the long videos of Dr. Mew. He is impressive. Give his ideas a try. There is no downside to putting his ideas into practice.