How about CeraVe moisturizer?

Comments on which cosmetics are helpful and which ones are not.
Kate

How about CeraVe moisturizer?

Post by Kate »

I am using CeraVe moisturizing lotion on my face and sometimes on my hands. I see in the ingredients list that it contains ceramide and hyaluronic acid. It is not advertised as an anti-aging cream and therefore not as expensive as these products. Does anyone have any opinion about this product as a daily skin care lotion. On the label is says, "moisturizes, restores and maintains protective skin barrier." Should I believe all this?

Tom Hagerty
Site Admin

Re: How about CeraVe moisturizer?

Post by Tom Hagerty »

I just read many of the 64 customer reviews of CeraVe moisturizer on Amazon.com - http://www.amazon.com/CeraVe-Moisturizi ... B000Q2RP7I. The overwhelming majority of the users of this product give it the highest rating - five stars. Here is one typical review:
Okay, I admit it: I'm a bit of a face products snob. I spend hours hours browsing the counters at Nordstrom's, Sephora, Kiehls, & other specialty stores. I recently had a bout of major facial dryness and tried anything and everything from serums and face masks to $75 overnight creams. Nothing worked- my face was still dry, itchy, and flaky. After doing some research I sucked up my pride and ordered a vat of this cream and I cannot tell you how happy I am that I did!!! No more flakes, no more dryness, no more itchiness. My skin feels (and looks) hydrated and rejuvenated. This product isn't greasy or oily, it has no fragrance, and it is fine for even the most sensitive of skin. This will be a part of my beauty regimen forever!
On Amazon.com CeraVe moisturizing lotion costs about $16.

teddytums

Post by teddytums »

CeraVe is an excellent product. Especially for people with rosacea. When I pump out a dollop for my face and neck I mix in Paula's Choice serum, blend it with my fingers and apply. You get the PC anti-ageing ingredients plus the CeraVe ceramides and hyaluronic acids, I have great skin with few wrinkles and I'm a senior. If you have a serum you like, try mixing it into CeraVe.

Tom Hagerty
Site Admin

Post by Tom Hagerty »

I mix in Paula's Choice serum
Would you give us a review of Paula's Choice serum - the ingredients, how it works, etc. I'm a fan of Paula's books but I have never used her products, or any products except for CeraVe. I'd like to know why you think it's beneficial to the skin and why you think it might be better than other similar products.