Soap? Log Out | Topics | Search
Back to Shape Your Face | Moderators | Edit Profile

Shape Your Face » Skin Care » Soap? « Previous Next »

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message

Lori
Unregistered guest
Posted on Thursday, June 01, 2006 - 10:40 am:   Edit Post Delete Post

I noticed you said that soap is not good for the skin, especially facial skin. What is the reason for this? I mean what chemicals in the soap damage the skin, and how are these chemicals different from the ones in products like Cetaphil?

Thomas Hagerty (Admin)
Board Administrator
Username: Admin

Post Number: 6
Posted on Saturday, June 03, 2006 - 07:34 am:   Edit Post Delete Post

Lori:

The problem with most bar soaps is that they irritate the sensitive skin of the face. They do this because they have a high alkaline content. A high alkaline content means the same thing as a high pH. This high pH, often between 9 and 10, dries out the skin. Dry skin is susceptible to irritation and even breakouts.

Cleansers like Cetaphil have a much lower pH and therefore are more gentle on the skin. They do not dry out the skin as do bar soaps.

Anonymous

Posted on Saturday, July 08, 2006 - 08:39 am:   Edit Post Delete Post

CETAPHIL = BEST THING EVER FOR YOUR SKIN.

If you don't have soft water in your home (I'm in India right now) get a filter (I use a brita water filter) and pour it into a bowl and use it on your face. You'll notice a difference, well at least I do here in India with the tap water anyways.

The Aryuvedics say you should have a routine to washing your face, and I've been using it, and BOY, do I look young.

You wake up, wash your face with a non-soap (Again, CETAPHIL = BEST THING EVER FOR YOUR FACE), use a TONER (I go to a store in Pasadena and get a cucumber spray), and use a moisterizer to lock in the toner so your face is soft all day.

DO not forget the toner! It helps SOO much in keeping a soft and gentle face. Remember, NEVER touch your face, never put your hand on your face, or anything, your face tells the world who you are, a well taken care of face, tells the world you take care of yourself.

Also, Cetaphil is noncomedegenic (spelling?) so it won't clog your pours.

Do this routine twice a day, and you'll notice a GREAT difference in your face.

Also, try and use an exfoliant every week (I have an orange scrub).

Also, sleep with a sleep mask to keep puffy eyes away forever!

Also, Microdermabrasion, I've neve had it done, but once I get back to US I'll get my first one done (runs around 250$ US), it's supposed to do wonders, and only takes 30 mins.

Also, I go to the sauna after I grm everyday, and let me tell you, I have a leathery face afterwards (some might not like this, but I love the way it looks). 30 mins of sauna everyday will have great effects on your skin.

Remember, vanity (if not done with proper mindset), will be the end of you. Never let you vanity be the foundation of your self-esteem, let it just add to it. If it is the entire basis for your self-esteem, child, you are in trouble.

Anonymous

Posted on Monday, July 31, 2006 - 11:01 am:   Edit Post Delete Post

"vanity (if not done with proper mindset), will be the end of you."

That statement caught my attention. I don't like it but I know it is true. I wish I could give a valid reason for spending two hours in front of the mirror every day. I am an actress. That might not be sufficient reason though.

Add Your Message Here
Posting is currently disabled in this topic. Contact your discussion moderator for more information.