Anti-aging products Log Out | Topics | Search
Back to Shape Your Face | Moderators | Edit Profile

Shape Your Face » Skin Care » Anti-aging products « Previous Next »

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message

Patsie K
Username: Patsie

Post Number: 1
Posted on Saturday, October 07, 2006 - 07:33 am:   Edit Post Delete Post

I see very expensive anti-aging serums and creams advertised in all the women's magazines. What about Dr. Perricon's products (very expensive!) How effective are they in reducing facial lines and other signs of age? If they do have a positive effect on the skin, what is the chemical mechanism? I mean how do they work their magic?

Thomas Hagerty
Board Administrator
Username: Admin

Post Number: 22
Posted on Wednesday, October 11, 2006 - 04:28 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post

Patsie:

N.V.Perricone's cosmetics are expensive indeed. His Phosphatidyl-E Lipid Bi-Layer Repair Face Treatment with Tocotrienols (don't try to say that in one breath) costs $120 for 2 ounces. This moisturizer has the chemicals listed in the name of the product plus many more.

His other products have alpha lipoic acid, a very good antioxidant, and other chemicals that are skin-friendly. These item all have a hefty price tag on them - between $55 and $80.

According to Paula Begoun, who wrote The Beauty Bible and Don't Go To The Cosmetics Counter Without Me, there are similar good products in the stores at much lower prices. She claims that price is not necessarily the indication of quality.

Read Paula's books, in most public libraries, to find out how the anti-aging serums "work their magic." I don't think I'd pay too much attention to the simplistic explanations you read in the advertisements.

Patsie K
Username: Patsie

Post Number: 3
Posted on Monday, November 06, 2006 - 10:28 am:   Edit Post Delete Post

I read the two books by Paula Begoun that you mentioned. These books are absolutely great. This woman gives great suggestions for skin and hair care. I get the feeling that she is completely honest. Thanks for directing me to those books.

Tom R
Username: Newbie_face_1

Post Number: 42
Posted on Friday, November 19, 2010 - 12:55 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post

Tom and CM:
Have either of you guys had any experience or knowledge of Dr.Loren Pickart?
http://www.reverseskinaging.com/

Thomas Hagerty
Board Administrator
Username: Admin

Post Number: 212
Posted on Saturday, November 20, 2010 - 11:34 am:   Edit Post Delete Post

Tom R:

Loren Pickart has an informative website that is worthwhile reading through - but I don't know about this statement or the product he pushes:
There is only one way to turn back the wrinkled hands of time. Only one way --- your body's way. SRCPs - Skin Remodeling Copper Peptides - offer the key to rebuilding aged and damaged skin. There is no other true method to peel back the bumps, scars and wrinkles while tightening skin. These magic molecules activate epithelial stem cells by increasing protein P63. Without adequate P63, skin ages rapidly and there is accelerated senescence in all the tissues of the body. Then it's out with the old and in with the new . . . as copper molecules remodel skin. Only SRCPs work with the body's innate processes to rebuild, remodel and restore skin. SRCPs are timeless. They enhance the ebb and flow of the body's natural cycles of renewal. SRCPs also suppress inflammatory cytokines, increase antioxidant proteins, and increase resistance to infection.

That looks like advertising hype. I wonder if Dr. Pickart wrote this himself.

Tom R
Username: Newbie_face_1

Post Number: 43
Posted on Saturday, November 20, 2010 - 08:05 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post

Tom:
Hmm, I wonder that myself. I'm not a biochemist or dermatologist so I guess one way to find out is to try his products and see if they produce any result.
Thanks Tom, I appreciate your feedback.

Add Your Message Here
Posting is currently disabled in this topic. Contact your discussion moderator for more information.