Facial exercises for preventing jowls Log Out | Topics | Search
Back to Shape Your Face | Moderators | Edit Profile

Shape Your Face » Facial Exercises » Facial exercises for preventing jowls « Previous Next »

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message

Rachel
Username: Pleasant_prospect

Post Number: 2
Posted on Tuesday, March 25, 2008 - 07:09 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post

Do any of the five facial exercises reverse the effect or prevent jowls?

Also which facial exercises contribute to preventing the deepening of the nasolabial and buccolabial folds?

Rachel
Username: Pleasant_prospect

Post Number: 3
Posted on Wednesday, March 26, 2008 - 07:07 am:   Edit Post Delete Post

Found some facial exercises at following site, http://www.ageless.co.za/faciallip.htm. Would appreciate a more expert opinion of these, particularly the cheek ones. I'm too new at this to decide what facial exercises are good or bad.

C M
Username: Ceeme

Post Number: 48
Posted on Wednesday, March 26, 2008 - 10:49 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post

Hi Rachel:

I don't know much about those exercises and while I've done face exercises for years, I am having trouble trying to remember if any of the programs I did had similar exercises without thumbs being used inside the mouth to provide resistance. So I cannot comment on the effectiveness of that exercise. And while no one believes in face exercises more than me, I do know that if a program is not well devised, just like an exercise program for the body, the results may not be balanced or what you are after. So I would feel more comfortable doing that program if I had seen photos of what to expect.

I do want to make an important point: while one may get away with doing one exercise from here and another from there, I think it is more important to pick a complete program and do it alone for a while, especially one the results of which you have seen. I have found that trying to fix one area by doing just one exercise can lead to an imbalance and awkward results because the muscles of the face are attached to each other, so that working one affects another. Hence, if you're not following a program of exercises designed to work together for a uniform lift and toning of the face, then you can get imbalance.

So while I cannot answer specifically which exercises in this program make certain differences, I do believe--just by looking at Tom--that doing the five exercises in proper form as he directs will have a positive impact on your entire face. And because Tom's exercises are few and not difficult to do once you "get" them, I think they area good program to begin with because they are easy to fit into your schedule no matter how busy you may be.

After you've mastered the program, if you still feel a need for more, then whatever program you choose, please be sure to do it in its entirety. For I believe everyone creates a program that addresses the entire face--even if some programs may zone in more specifically on certain muscles than others and thus tend to have more exercises--but the bottom line is the exercises go together for a reason.

So don't overlook any exercise in this program, but rather do the whole program for a few months, and then if you have any questions about the changes you see, Tom or someone else here can address your concerns and perhaps help find a solution.

I think Tom's face is proof that his program does keep those problems you ask about at bay. :c)

Add Your Message Here
Posting is currently disabled in this topic. Contact your discussion moderator for more information.