Jaw line Log Out | Topics | Search
Back to Shape Your Face | Moderators | Edit Profile

Shape Your Face » Facial Exercises » Jaw line « Previous Next »

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message

Joe
Unregistered guest
Posted on Thursday, September 07, 2006 - 12:59 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post

Hi Tom, I have a bit of a jaw line but I want it it more defined, besides working the jaw muscles is there any other exercise that can help?
And about your chin exercise, I'm wondering if it's good or bad for jaw definition, I started it yesterday and don't want any jaw line reduction, thanks in advance.

Thomas Hagerty
Board Administrator
Username: Admin

Post Number: 19
Posted on Sunday, September 10, 2006 - 08:52 am:   Edit Post Delete Post

Well-defined jaw muscles is a masculine characteristic. You can see this in the young male leading actors, especially in action movies. What usually accents the jaw line, though, is not just the jaw muscles but the muscles at the front of the neck - the sternomastoid and the plytisma muscles.

I think exercising these muscles is a good way to keep a clean jaw line. A good exercise to keep these muscles toned up and to keep off the flab is exercise number four on my website. Another good exercise is done while lying on your back with your head extending a little over the bed. In this position you can raise and lower your head. I do a lot of repetitions with this exercise, always being careful not to strain my neck. The neck can easily be strained if you are not careful.

I think the chin exercise is also good for creating the chiseled jaw line. Don't forget to have some lubrication - water, oil - on you face before you do this exercise.

Roberto Cantu
Username: Roberto

Post Number: 1
Posted on Saturday, October 14, 2006 - 11:19 am:   Edit Post Delete Post

Is there the possibility that exercises specifically for the jaw will make the jaw too large? I do not want to look like a Neanderthal man. Also, will the mouth exercise make the lips too thick or change their shape in any way?

Bodybuilders when they work out develop huge body muscles. Why wouldn't a facial workout develop huge facial muscles too? I just want to tone up my facial muscles and keep them
toned up. Any information you could give me will be helpful.

Thomas Hagerty
Board Administrator
Username: Admin

Post Number: 24
Posted on Friday, November 03, 2006 - 01:53 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post

Roberto:

The facial exercises that I describe on this website will give the jaw line more definition but will not make the actual jaw muscle bigger.

The mouth exercise will not change the essential contour of the lips in any way. It will, however, make the lips fuller, giving them a more youthful appearance.

When you are doing the mouth exercise, be sure to hold the contraction for a second or two as the fingers pull the lips outward. This gives a better workout to the whole orbicularis oris area, smoothing out the naso-labial lines.

Roberto Cantu
Username: Roberto

Post Number: 2
Posted on Saturday, March 31, 2007 - 10:42 am:   Edit Post Delete Post

Tom, I just wanted to tell you that the facial exercises that you describe on your website really have benefited me. The lines that go from the nose to the mouth have disappeared giving me a much younger look. The skin on my face also looks a lot younger. I attribute this to the facial exercises but also to the suggestions you made about diet.

Thanks

Add Your Message Here
Posting is currently disabled in this topic. Contact your discussion moderator for more information.