Cheek muscle exercises? Log Out | Topics | Search
Back to Shape Your Face | Moderators | Edit Profile

Shape Your Face » Facial Exercises » Cheek muscle exercises? « Previous Next »

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message

Nish
Unregistered guest
Posted on Tuesday, June 20, 2006 - 11:26 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post

Hi everyone

Does anyone know any good cheek exercises? Especially for the upper cheek muscles?

Thanks

Thomas Hagerty
Board Administrator
Username: Admin

Post Number: 9
Posted on Wednesday, June 21, 2006 - 08:54 am:   Edit Post Delete Post

Nish:

There are two muscles that when toned-up might help the cheeks look more defined and perhaps filled out. These muscles are the zygomaticus minor and major. I think the exercise for the muscles around the mouth tones both of these muscles up. I don't know of any exercise that specifically targets these cheek muscles, but I'm open to suggestions.

India26
Unregistered guest
Posted on Thursday, June 22, 2006 - 06:12 am:   Edit Post Delete Post

Hope this helps.

Source: ageless.co.za/Sallamander Concepts

CHEEKS

Create a relaxed smile with your lips closed and then suck in your cheeks toward and on to your teeth. Hold this for 10 counts, relax and repeat 10 times.

Look in a mirror while doing this exercise. Pout your top lip, turning the corners of your lips upwards and move your cheek muscles towards your eyes. You should at this stage try to get your top lip to touch your nose. Keep this position for 10 counts, relax and repeat 5 times.

Look in a mirror while doing this exercise. Smile a wide as possible - while keeping your lips closed and your mouth corners turned up. Try to make your mouth corners touch your ears. Next, wrinkle your nose and see your cheek muscle move upwards and feel these muscles work. Keep for 5 counts, relax and repeat 10 times.

Keep your teeth and lips closed and blow air under your top lip and keep it there for 10 counts, then move the air to your left cheek side, hold for 10, to your lower lip, hold for 10 and then to your right cheek while holding it for a count of 10. Repeat 5 times.

Julie
Unregistered guest
Posted on Thursday, June 22, 2006 - 12:30 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post

It is a complicated exercise but I'll try it out. Nothing makes a girl look older than sunken in cheeks. The exercise for the mouth muscle seems to be working for me. My lips look fuller and this is only after a month on the program.

Nish
Unregistered guest
Posted on Thursday, June 22, 2006 - 09:23 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post

Thanks for the exercises. Don't know if some of them will generate enough tension to be affective though. The zygomaticus minor and major are involved in lifting and widening the mouth in smiling, so I think that the smiling exercise described above would be good to use. I'm going to try doing what the flex effect website recommends and use extra resistance with my fingers.

Ann
Unregistered guest
Posted on Monday, June 26, 2006 - 12:02 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post

Would that exercise you described widen the mouth? That would be the last thing I want.

Nish
Unregistered guest
Posted on Tuesday, June 27, 2006 - 02:32 am:   Edit Post Delete Post

I doubt it, I don't think that facial muscles can alter your features. You're not stretching the muscles with anything, your just going to the muscles natural full extension and contracting against it. I think that if you mechanically stretch the muscle (like just pulling on it with your fingers) even this couldn't make your mouth wider, but it will damage the skin around the mouth. That's just my two cents, but I'm pretty sure it won't make your mouth look wider.

Patsie K
Username: Patsie

Post Number: 4
Posted on Thursday, February 22, 2007 - 10:26 am:   Edit Post Delete Post

Will the muscles of the face just keep getting larger if I continue to exercise them? I would like toned-up facial muscles and neck muscles but I don't want these muscles to become larger.

Another question. I've been doing the exercises for a little while now. After a facial workout the skin on my face looks a little oily. Do the exercises have any effect on the oil glands? The oiliness does not bother me. I just want to know what causes it.

Thanks

Thomas Hagerty
Board Administrator
Username: Admin

Post Number: 29
Posted on Thursday, March 08, 2007 - 02:41 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post

Patsie K:

The muscles of the face do not become larger and the character of your face will not change when you do facial exercises over a period of time. The facial muscles will become toned-up and stronger though. This will prevent them from drooping. Toned-up facial muscles will also keep the overlying skin from getting loose.

In women the lips will look fuller after several months of doing the exercise for the orbicularis oris (exercise two). In men this does not happen.

Facial exercise, just as all exercise, tends to squeeze a little sebum out of the sebaceous (oil) glands that are adjacent to each hair follicle. Even the almost invisible vellus hairs of the face have hair follicles, so after a facial workout there might be some film of oil on the face. There is nothing damaging about this.

Add Your Message Here
Posting is currently disabled in this topic. Contact your discussion moderator for more information.